2016 Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
Stocking stuffers... isn't that where the real action is on Christmas anyway? I don't know about you all, but most my gifts tend to show up in my stocking and somehow Santa always tends to know exactly what it is that I need the most. It's like he just knows what my favorite things are and guesses (correctly) that I may be close to running out of them. Man, that guy knows everything!
For all you elves out there looking for a few things to top of those stockings, these are the things that I love and use on a daily basis. Sure, if forced to I could find a replacement, but without being dramatic I can honestly say that I really couldn't imagine life without them!
1. Peter Thomas Roth 24k Gold Face Mask: The gold standard in face masks (pun intended!) this firming mask promises to reduce wrinkles and dark circles and protect against harmful uvs/ uvb rays. I like it because it leaves my skin feeling incredibly soft and smooth!
2. The Mothers by Britt Bennett: I am about halfway though this book right now and I am LOVING it. I highly recommend it as a gift for any of the women in your life.
3. Ouai Hair Oil: I got this as a free gift when I restocked my beloved shampoo and conditioner and it has pretty much changed my life. Well, the life of my hair anyway. I tend to have dry ends and am always trying to find a way to condition my hair that will leave my ends moisturized without leaving my scalp oily and after 37 years I've finally found it! Hair oil!!!! You just work a drop or two through wet hair after the shower, or you can actually use a little more and let it seep in overnight (rinsing out in the morning), and you are left with shiny, bouncy, frizz free hair. It's made for all hair types and I've been telling all my friends about this since I discovered it. It's that good!
4. Essie Gel Nail Polish. FINALLY! A gel polish that you can actually use at home that (wait for it) that you can take off on your own as well! You just apply two coats of the gel color and then this top coat. No UV lights, no soaking your fingers in acetone, just paint and go. Amen.
5. Glossier Lip Stain. Part stain, part chap-stick, part matte lipstick, these new lip tints from Glossier have to be my favorite find of the season. It's just the right amount of color (no clown lips here) and they are super moisturizing. The color is very light, so don't be afraid of a dark hue.
6. Apple iPhone Case with Battery Pack. I feel like everyone, everywhere needs this case. It simply slips on to your phone and it gives you an extra 100% of battery. You charge it with you phone inside of it, just like you would without a case. This thing has saved my life so many times, I really think these cases should come standard when you buy an iPhone. They are much more lightweight than the Mophie and the texture on the white case makes it stain free!
7. Dior Glow Lip and Cheek Stain: Hands down this is my favorite beauty product ever. It's a lip and cheek stain that actually adapts to your own coloring and it's light enough for everyday use (even when you aren't wearing any other makeup) and build-able for when you are. I use a little every day on the apples of my cheeks and my lips (blotting from the middle out) and I love the glow it gives. On my lips I put on an additional swipe of the Glossier lip tint (I like color "Like") and it's a 2 second beauty routine that looks like you actually took the time to really do your makeup. Bonus: It's lasts pretty much all day!
8. Stila Liquid Eyeliner. I've been using this product for years and I still love it as much now as i did when I first started using it. It's just your basic liquid eyeliner but the magic is in the applicator- it's basically foolproof. Actually, since I use it and use it well, I'd say it's 100% foolproof! The formula is waterproof and smudge proof and really is the only one that doesn't sink into the fine lines (wrinkles) by the end of the day. I keep one of these in my home and car and I often use it without mascara. If you want a little definition around your eyes but are afraid of eyeliner... this one is for you. The pros say this is the best for cat eye but let's just say that's far above my pay grade. Maybe next year I can get a steady hand for Christmas!
This, my friends, is the last gift guide of 2016! I hope you all found these useful and fun and hopefully you found something for loved one (or yourself) that you hadn't thought of before! I know there are a lot of guides out there ('tis the season) but I really love making them and it's my hope that you like reading them! Xx