Hi.

Welcome to my blog. I document my adventures in travel, style, and interior design. Hope you have a nice stay!

What I'm Reading

Everything I Never Told You

Set in the 70's, Everything I Never Told You is a gorgeously written novel that follows the Lee family after the tragic death of their eldest daughter. The book is the most unexpected and insightful exploration of the family dynamic, and this is a story about the culture during the 50's to the late 70's more than it is about the grieving family itself (there's some of that too.) I expected this to be more of whodunit, and was pleasantly surprised to find a book is the exact opposite of that and it has absolutely cemented itself in my top ten for what I imagine is a long time to come. It's that good. 

Summer Secrets // The Woman Who Stole My Life // The Last Anniversary
  1. Summer Secrets- I am admittedly a huge Jane Green fan. While it's her earlier work that I really adore, I still find myself pre-ordering her next novel without reading the synopsis as was the case with this book. The story follows Cat who is a single mother, and a recovering alcoholic. The crux of the book is Cat's struggle with addiction, which takes the reader from London, to the shores of Nantucket. I really enjoyed this story, and found myself not wanting it to end. 
  2. The Woman Who Stole My Life I used to be an avid reader of Marian Keyes, and while searching for something to read down here, I downloaded her newest novel. I'm about 30% through, and I'm finding it hard to put down. The story, albeit a farfetched one, centers around the main character who reached stardom after writing a self help book that following a rare illness that left her hospitalized for months. So far this has been the perfect beach read!
  3. The Last Anniversary Like Marian Keyes, I found myself late to the party for Liane Moriarty's work. I was thrilled to find out that she had already published so many novels and I have quickly been making my way through them. Out of all of her books, this one which follows Sophie who unexpectedly inherits a house, from the Aunt of her ex-boyfriend is probably my least favorite. That's not to say I didn't really enjoy it, but I think that's because  there are unite a few strong female leads, and reading on the beach with two kids climbing on you can make it difficult to absorb each woman's complicated backstory properly. The ending perfectly tied the story together, and if you are looking for a light read, this one won't leave you disappointed.  
The Luckiest Girl Alive// Killing Monica // Three Wishes

  1. The Luckiest Girl Alive This book sucked me in from the very beginning, and even the the big twist had me like "whhhhaaatttt?" I have to say I really enjoyed it. If you like Girl on a Train and Gone Girl, you will definitely not be able to put this one down.
  2. Killing Monica Okay, I hated this book the entire time I was reading it. Hated. I actually checked twice to make sure this was the same Candace Bushnell as the Sex in the City Candace Bushnell. For the record it is. I found the characters to be incredibly unlikable and the ending was so bad, I honestly don't understand how this book got published. I was so angry after I finished, I found myself reading reviews to try to see if the rest of the world hated this books as much as I did. For the record, they do. Anyway, I found an article and it turns out many suspect that this is actually about killing the Carrie Bradshaw character, and that made me hate it 1% less. The other 99% of me still really wants my time and money back. Don't buy it!
  3. Three Wishes Another Liane Moriarty book, this one follows three women who just so happen to be triplets. I thought the whole book was hilarious, and I find myself missing the girls now that it's over. I definitely recommend this one, even though What Alice Forgot is still my favorite of all her novels. I'd say read Alice, and then follow up with this one!
I'd love to know what you all are reading! If you'd like to share, feel free to post in the comments!

P.S. A little programming note. We are making our long journey back to the states tomorrow and then it's time for the WEDDING! After that I'm making the long drive to PA and then New York, so I probably won't be back until next Wednesday. I appreciate all of you who emailed me about what I should do in New York for the week, and I'll definitely be reporting on my adventures. Until then, you can follow what we are up to on Instagram

Have a wonderful week!


My Little Sister Got Married

On My Radar: Summer Collection by Reformation