After three long weeks, I'm happy to report that my husband went back to work today, and I am back!  Since the surgery we have had so many ups and downs, and honestly, I'm just so happy that this chapter of our lives is almost over.  Going in we weren't really sure if the surgery would even work, and after about a week, we were completely blindsided when my husband's pain was worse than ever.  After another week of questions, we were relieved to hear that the pain he was experiencing was normal, and that thing really should start improving soon.  This did wonders for my husband's mental state, and we spent the last week pretty much enjoying our time together, and kind of treating it as a vacation.  After school drop off, I would come home and we'd take long walks together, followed by lunch with Gray, and then the three of us would tuck in for a long afternoon nap.  If you told me a month ago that I would love having my husband home all day, I would have told you that you were crazy, but last night we all were a little sad, knowing that the next day it would just be the three of us again.  As a family we really are stronger and closer than ever, and if there has to be an upside to this year long drama, that is most definitely it. 

This past weekend, we thought we'd give Dad a little quiet time, since three days home with the two rowdy boys can be a lot, and decided to embrace Fall fully by taking our annual apple picking trip out to our favorite Belkin farm, with my sister in tow.  This is one of my favorite things that we do each year, and this time Gray was really able to get in to the spirit of things, eating more apples than we actually picked! Here are some pictures from the day. 

This picture melts my heart. These two really are tied at the hip (when they aren't driving each other crazy, of course!)

Every year we pick our pumpkins on the way out, and this year was no exception.  The LM wanted a storm trooper and Gray, of course, had to have a pink batman. B oth were a little frustrated that I couldn't just whip these out in ten minutes, but in the end were very happy with the results. 

Very happy. 

On Monday I ran the Tufts 10k for my second time. Having not really run since the last event, I've been feeling the pain, but I beat my time, despite my knee crying the last mile, and I'm pretty sure next year I'll be back!  This really is an incredible event, and I love when a woman twice my age, races past me at the finish.  Really, if you are in the area, you should run this race for inspiration alone!

Now it's back to business as usual. My husband is still taking things easy, so the boys and I are doing our best to stay busy.  It's been nice being home and I have quite a few new projects to show off in the coming weeks. To say I've been busy is an understatement, so stay tuned!