So here it is, my five year plan. Some of these goals are pretty inane, but in the end I think attaining these goals them would make for five years well spent.
- Have another baby (obvious, I know)
- Finish my novel (I would love to say this will be done by the end of this year, but 5 years seems like a nice cushion at the rate I'm going.)
- Learn to sew, or knit, or both.
- Figure our how to cook salmon (I either overcook it or undercook it, which is why I now never cook it.)
- Throw a "real" dinner party. 8 people, 4 courses. No, I won't be serving salmon.
- Design (at least on paper) our next home. We plan to possibly renovate a single family in the area "someday" and I would like to one day live in a home when I (ahem we) picked out every single piece in it, including but not limited a bright red front door. And you just know there is going to be some serious navy in that house!
- Go to the Greek Isles with my little Sis. (Yes, we may have seen The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants one too many times, but no, that is not going to stop me from going.)
- Keep a plant alive for more than three months. Somehow I have been able to keep the LM in tip top shape for 3 years, but any plant that enters this home is dead within weeks of walking in the door. I'm like the Grim Reaper of the gardening world.
- Start a small business that I can run from home. I have an idea that involves styling and motherhood, but figuring out what to do with that idea is something that I seriously need to look into.
- Keep writing this blog. I know most writers who usually abandon their blogs do so within the first six months, but you never know what will happen when life gets in the way. I hope that in 5 years from now I will still get as much enjoyment out of what has become my very favorite daily outlet.
- Spend the better part of the next 1,825 days playing and snuggling with my Little (and Big) men.
So there you have it. In five years I'll be 36, and I promise to check back in and let you know how I did. Hopefully you will all still be here reading along with me!
(Photo Credit: From Here.) P.S. Don't you just die for that door? I don't know what it is, but give me a red door and I'm one happy girl.