My Kid Is a Rock Star.

Yesterday was the LM's first day of nursery school. I woke up feeling anxious and nervous, and I ended up going to bed with the biggest smile on my face. Why was I so elated? Because my little man is a rock star. Yep, not only did he have a great first day at school, but he also made so many new friends I think we may have to change his name to Bono. If U2 ever needs a new lead singer, I'm pretty sure my little guy would be on the short list. 

Transitions are never easy and I was more than slightly worried that my man (like his mother) would be resistant to change. "School" is two afternoons a week and it is smack in the middle of his usual nap time. This challenge has given me more than a few sleepless nights. I was so worried that he wouldn't nap if I put him down earlier leaving me with a tired and cranky little man at drop off. I thought there would be lots of tears (his and mine) and I would leave wondering what the hell I was thinking. Then he would hate school, and the whole thing would have been a waste of time and money. 

If that was my nightmare, yesterday was a dream. He woke up with a smile on his face, and I rushed us out of the house an hour before we would usually leave. We then went to get coffee and spent about 2 hours at the park. I ran, and ran, and ran my little guy until he just couldn't run any more. Then at 10:45 I put him down for a nap (2 1/2 hours earlier than usual) and he slept for 2 hours! I couldn't believe it. He woke up right when we had to leave again with a HUGE smile on his face asking me if it was time for school. When we got there he was so excited and pretty much pushed me out the door. 3 hours later I arrived back at the school and he ran up and gave me the biggest hug ever. The teachers said he was so good, and that all the kids loved playing with him. In short, my kid was a ROCK STAR. 

Here he is getting ready for his big day.

This is the face I got when I asked if he was excited for school.

And here we are waiting for the T to take us into town the 2 short stops.

I was able to take one picture of him playing before he pushed me out the door.

Once we got back home he just couldn't stop playing...he must have played by himself for about an hour while I made dinner.

Of course I had to get a shot of his new "school" shoes that made it just in time for the big day. Yes, those are Vans....the same ones I used to wear some 20 years ago.

I know it was only a few hours, but I am just so proud of my little man. This was a really big change for him and he handled it with ease. Just looking at him now he seems so much more grown up. I tell you I couldn't be more proud than if he actually was Bono!