Tomorrow The Husband, Little Man, and I embark on a 3 1/2 week journey to Nosara, Costa Rica. While this isn't the first time we've visited this beautiful country (this will be LM's 3rd time there) this is the longest we've ever stayed. The little town that we go to is pretty much in the middle of nowhere so I always have quite the task in trying to remember to bring anything and everything that we could possibly need. Somehow we were able to fit all the "necessities" into two checked bags and two carry ons. This was not an easy feat, the fertility products alone took up half a suitcase! (I kid I kid.) Don't get me started on the two (yes, two) surfboards the Husband is also bringing.
At this point whether we have everything or not we will be boarding a plane at 2pm tomorrow and heading off to our jungle oasis. A month is a long time to spend with just your husband and little one no matter how much you love each other. One of them doesn't have much to say and the other is only 20 months old! (Again I kid.) As with any family vacation there are always highs and lows. Here are a few of the anticipated ups and downs.
- 3 1/2 whole weeks, 24 hours a day with the family. Some serious quality time is destined to be had.
- The beach is across the street, the pool is out back. For a 20 month boy this is true heaven.
- We stay in a house and not a hotel (I hate staying in a hotel for a long period of time.)
- One of the best Yoga institutes in the world is right down the street. I plan on going for 1 1/2 hours every day we are there.
- The food is awesome and cheap. Even better is that you can buy fish right off the boat and grill it up the same day, this is heavenly.
- It's about to get cold again in Boston and we are getting out just in time.
- My new Kindle already has 6 new books just waiting to be read. Best part? I don't have to carry the damn books! Oh, modern technology kicks ass.
- Wireless Internet. Need I say more?
- 3 1/2 whole weeks, 24 hours a day with the family. That is a LOT of time to spend with 2 people you already know everything about.
- Flying. As in Flying with the little man. As in facing down my nightmare again, for the 12th time. I mean really why can't I learn from the past. If you are new to this blog click here, and here and you will see exactly what I am talking about.
- 3 1/2 weeks in the sun and heat does funny things to a person. I tend to go a bit batty down there, I apologize in advance.
As you can see the pros definitely outweigh the cons, so Hasta La Vista (see you later)!
I'll be back writing by Friday at the latest, and I'll try to twitter along the way.