Inspired by That Girl, my oversees sister from another mother, here is Yummy Mummy's Lucky Seven. Now I know I'm supposed to focus my festive seven, but given that I've got baby on the brain I'm thinking I can take some artistic freedom.
7 Things I've Been Doing Instead of Preparing for Christmas.
- Shopping for nurseries even though baby status is still unknown.
- Yelling at my contractors who are still working in my apartment on a daily basis.
- Reading all of your blogs and loving the Christmas posts.
- Trying to plan a vacation for January when the thought of flying with the little man makes me want to vomit.
- Obsessing about whether I purchased the right pair of glasses.
- Trying to teach the little man who is boss. I keep telling myself I am bigger, I am stronger, and damnit I am smarter, I will not let a 15 month old beat me.
- Taking pregnancy tests. With the little man I took 6. Baby #2, 11. As of now I have only taken one. Negative of course, but it is still a week early.
7 Christmas Wishes.
- That everyone stops losing their homes.
- That Barak Obama does everything he said he would do.
- That I will be a less stressful mommy in the New Year.
- That I am able to maintain healthy friendships and relationships.
- That I am knocked up. (duh)
- That I finish my book. Yep, still stuck in Chapter 2.
- That the little man decides that yes, I am the boss. (I think I probably have a better chance of finishing the book).
7 People/ Couples I Would Invite For Christmas Dinner.
- My sister Holly. We had her here all summer and I miss the crap out of her.
- A babysitter to run after the little man.
- Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin and kids (come on wouldn't you want to spend the night with them?)
- Kirby from lipstick jungle (please I dream about the guy every night so I might as well feed him).
- Martha Stewart (someone has to cook).
- Brad and Angie (they seem to be very fertile, I'm hoping they would have some tips).
- Emily Giffin and Hubby (to help me figure out how to get this damn book published).
7 Favorite Christmas Movies.
- Love Actually
- the Holiday
- Miracle on 34th Street (new and old)
- You've Got Mail (not really a Holiday movie but has Christmas scenes)
- August Rush (ditto)
- Home Alone
- Family Man
7 Reasons I Not So Secretly Want a Girl.
- The clothes are so much better. Has anyone seen true religion jeans in a size 2. So adorable!
- Boys are wild. Especially ones who climb. We've already got one, I'm all set.
- I love pink.
- My boy may eventually love another woman more than me, most girls won't.
- I would love a little blond carbon copy of myself.
- Her big brother would be there to keep her in check.
- Did I mention I love pink?
7 Reasons Why I Would be So OK With a Boy.
- 2 brothers would be too cute. I could refer to them as "the boys."
- We already have everything for boys.
- It would be such a space saver to have them share a room.
- The little man would have someone to play rough with other than me.
- My husband really wants another boy.
- We have the best name picked out (clearly as referenced above.)
- Boys are usually bigger which means you lose more weight faster (I know, not really but since I really want a girl I am at a loss for number 7).
7 Things I Want For Christmas (since I already got the trench I have to be creative here).
- The little man to say I love you.
- The little man to say please.
- And thank you while we are at it.
- To sleep in on Sundays.
- A new set of pots and pans.
- My new glasses (tbd in a detail full post)
- um did I mention a baby?
I don't have 7 other bloggers since most have already been tagged but please feel free to share any of your lucky seven here!