I must preface this post with the disclaimer that I am the girl who cries pregnancy wolf. Every month I am convinced that I am pregnant. Even when it is a mathematical impossibility (we all have heard about the Virgin Mary haven't we?) I still keeps my fingers crossed until I am really sure it didn't happen. That being said I am sure that this month is different (yes, honey I know you have heard this before). Since I won't know for about 7 days all I can do is wait. Wait and eat (see numbers 5, 4, and 1).
These are the reasons I am convinced I am preggars.
5. I cannot eat enough. Seriously. Maybe I am just really really hungry this month but I am amazed at the calories I have been pounding. Cut to me today prior to Yoga where the instructor catches me shoving white cheddar soy crisps down my throat. Yep, that kind of hungry.
4. My face looks fuller. Yes, I realize this may have something to do with the fact that I am consuming my body weight in food each day, but I am definitely looking a bit more round.
3. I am sooooooooo tired. I have fallen asleep the past two nights on the sofa. This only happens when I am knocked up. However, the Husband did force me to watch a boxing show and a show about whaling so that may have had something to do with it. In addition, I have had the strangest dreams. Like weird, didn't we go to high school, I haven't seen you in 15 years dreams. I'm either on the pregnancy train or I have to stop checking my Facebook page every hour.
2. I cannot stop looking at Nurseries online. This becomes my obsession whenever I am pregnant. I LOVE LOVE LOVE looking at the websites and mentally planning the next bedroom for my little one. Today I spent an hour deciding what pink (yes pink) curtains I would put in a girl's room. Yes, I have a son. Clearly I have the fever and clearly I want a girl even though I keep saying I want a boy.
1. I am craving buffalo chicken wings and red licorice. Two things I only crave when I am pregnant. In fact right now I am wiping the buffalo sauce off the keys. Yes, after I dragged the little man out in the sub zero temps to Whole Foods I couldn't wait to inhale my half dozen wings until I got done typing. I of course am going to follow up this nutritious meal with a bag of licorice. Go big or go home I say.
Keep you fingers crossed for me (and your toes, arms, legs) and I promise to let you know as soon as we find out one way or another.